All applying for Academy Membership will be reviewed using the following guidelines:
- Does this original music fit the definition of Trop Rock as defined on our website?
- Does this artist produce original Trop Rock music? (does not have to be written by the artist, but it must be previously unreleased on a major record label )
- Quality of Songwriting
- What percentage of this artist's CD's is original Trop Rock music
- Quality of production
- Is Trop Rock mentioned on the website?
- Does this artist promote himself as a Trop Rock artist?
- Is music available for purchase on website? (CD and/or download)
- Quality of website
- Does this artist perform live?
- How often, and what type of venues?
- Does this artist perform PRIMARILY Trop Rock Music during their performances?
- Does this artist perform their original Trop Rock music during live performances?
- Quality of performance (whenever possible)
Artist Review Board
Meet the Artist Review board:
Tom Becker: Tom is a singer/songwriter for too many years to mention. He is one half of the duo Latitude with his wife Michelle. He lived 10 years in
Sheila was Finance Manager for Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville in New Orleans for 15 years and participated on-air on the weekly New Orleans Happy Hour radio broadcast on Siris/XM's radio Margaritaville. Along with Brent Burns and Sunny Jim, she was a founder of the Six String Music Songwriter Festival, (featuring the original music of Trop Rock artists) held annually in the French Quarter. She hired/scheduled artists and helped execute the event for it's first 7 years. Sheila currently lives in New Orleans.
Jerry Diaz: Jerry has been involved with Trop Rock music since before we were calling it Trop Rock. He and his wife Mary are founders of ?Pardi Gras?, a Trop Rock Music event held in
Dave represents Trop Rock fans, as he has been a fan of this music before we called it Trop Rock. Dave was a fan of Trop Rock before it was known as Trop Rock. He started as a fan of Harry Bellefonte in the 50?s and years later, living in Texas and New Orleans, brought Country and Cajun elements into his mix of music appreciation. For the last ten years his music attention has focused on the work of independent singer/songwriters who embrace Trop Rock. He is always eager to help preserve and promote Trop Rock music and has been a welcome helping hand to many a Trop Rock artist. Last year he and his wife, Carolyn won the TRMA Fan of the year award. Dave lives in Punta Gorda, Fl with his wife Carolyn